- Any medium is acceptable, including drawing, sewing, collage, printmaking or photography.
- Please make sure that your map can fold into a flat rectangle no larger than 4” x 6”.
- Please print your name clearly on the back of your map.
- Please do not submit a sculpture or 3D object. All maps must fold down flat to be included.
- Please do not use glue, glitter, or other materials that could fall off your work or damage other contributions.
- Please note that submissions will not be returned.
- Please mail your map to:
Brooklyn Art Library
℅ The Map Project
103A N. 3rd St
Brooklyn, NY 11249
The Map Project
The Map Project challenges participants to create depictions of both physical and invented locations. Map your backyard, your fears, your personal history or your favorite book, then mail us the results. The only requirement is that your map folds down to a size not larger than 4” x 6”. We’ll exhibit every map we receive in our storefront space, transforming a single location into an atlas of our world. Whether you’re inspired by the precise detail of a geological survey or the whimsy of a childhood treasure map, The Map Project is a chance to translate your world into ink, textile, collage or print.