- The subject of your work should be an ampersand (&).
- You must use the 5x7 Gesso board provided for this project. It's like an experiment and that material is the control - if everyone keeps that part the same, then your interpretions will shine through all the better!
- You will receive your swap in the mail once the project is closed and the submission deadline has passed. Your swap will be totally random, so look forward to getting some art from a stranger!
- The online exhibition will be posted after the submission deadline has passed and all of the art work has had a chance to be digitized. We'll notify you by email once it's up, so you'll be able to share your awesome work and check out the other particpants!
- The boards are great for acrylic and oil paint, sketching, and could be used as a base for a mixed media piece. The materials you use are up to you, but please do not use any materials that are toxic, hazerdous, may damage the work of others, and absolutely no glitter bombs.
Please postmark your work by: February 15th, 2014. All work should be mailed to:
Brooklyn Art Library
℅ The Ampersand Project
103A North 3rd Street
Brooklyn, NY 11249